Website Rootz LTD
Automate the Game
Rootz is seeking a French (français québécois) translator to assist on a short-term contractual basis which could lead to long-term work for the right individual. As this French text is focused on the Canadian market, we are ONLY seeking native speakers from Québec.
Rootz Ltd is a startup iGaming company based in Malta. We are seeking assistance with game descriptions and website content translated into French (Canadian). During the first few months, there will be plenty of work – enough to keep someone busy on a full time basis. After that, we have a long-term content strategy that will require regular part-time hours for the foreseeable future.
Skills / Technologies:
- Minimum skills required:
- At least 2 years experience translating content from English to Français Québécois. Experience in the iGaming industry is a huge plus but not required,
- Excellent command writing in French and good reading skills in English is necessary.
- Ability to work on your own with limited supervision while meeting deadlines and targets
- Organisation is key. You will be working with many electronic documents – proper filing and documentation is mandatory.
- Experience in the following is required:
- Google Drive
- Google Apps (namely Google Docs)
- Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word and Excel)
Salary and Benefits
- Generous salary ($0.10 CAD per word on English word count)
- Travel expenses reimbursement (if travel is necessary)
- For residents of Malta, office space is available for anyone who prefers to work in that environment, but working remotely from home is fine as well
- Residents of Canada: Will bill via their own company or Rootz will pay the translator as a contractor. If billing as an individual, Rootz will provide that individual with a T4A Form. It will then be the responsibility of that individual to report his/her income to the Canadian tax authority.
- Residents of Malta: Invoice as a company or individual. If invoicing as an individual, they are required to obtain a personal VAT number from the Maltese tax authorities.
- Residents of other countries are required to invoice as company or individual based on the local legal framework.
- Translations will be reviewed by a professional agency, so only competent writers need apply.
Rootz is a Malta-based iGaming company with an office in Sliema. We’re not a large company with a corporate flavour. We are smaller operation where diligent and hard work with a focus on automation has eliminated the need for bulky, personnel-heavy departments. Formed in 2018, Rootz is the streamlined iGaming platform of the future.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com